Monday, August 30, 2010

The Boyfriend Razor

Hey, you should steal your boyfriend's razor. Because Mach 3 is waaaay better than any Venus out there.

There's something about the grip in women's razors that I'm just not entirely happy about. Crazy as it may sound, they make the handles much bigger than any guy's razor. I mean, really! Google search "women's razors". That's right. WTF! It's not like guys' hands are smaller! That just always bothered me.
Schick Intuition. You're too big to fit in here.

Then one fine day I was in the shower and who knows where my Venus Vibrance was but I had to shave my legs anyway and there I saw it... Nice and silver and black and all manly looking: my then-boyfriend's Mach 3. Now that thing looks like a serious razor for some serious shaving. None of that plastic, anatomically weird and pink BS that honestly, just looks cheap imho. I don't care how many blades you put on that thing - I've seen razors with 5 blades, FIVE FREAKING BLADES! - but once you try a man's razor, you will know what I'm talking about.

Call me irrational, perhaps I'm just loving it because there's some sort of "sneaky" freudian fetish about me using a man's razor (like wearing a guy's t-shirt, perhaps? Wearing men's cologne?), but maybe I'm right and there really is scientific explanation to why Mach 3 kicks the Barbie version's ass.

The handle is heavier - and I like that! -, the grip is oh so nice and the blades... They glide so smoothly! I love how they adapt to your curves so well, sliding easily, with more precision and even the blue little lubricating strip thingy feels nicer! I also notice less irritation after shaving with Mach 3. It really is better quality overall. My favorite so far is the Mach 3 Turbo. I have felt no need to upgrade it to the newer versions.

If you think about it, men's facial hair is pretty thick, correct? So those NASA engineers or whoever designs those things must know what they're doing. They also must know nothing about women because they keep on designing crap that looks more like a sex toy than anything else and it doesn't work that great. Not even as a sex toy. Not that I have ever tried. We don't need one gazillion aloe strips or a freaking coating of solidified shaving gel. Just give us a very effing sharp set of blades (and 3 is more than enough, by the way) and a nice heavy grip and we're good! Make it pink, I don't care! But until then, I'm sticking to the Boyfriend Razor.


Boyfriend jeans may be in style (are they still? Who knows), but here's one thing you should definitely, ahem, borrow from your significant other and it's guaranteed to look good on you: his razor.

Best. Screwvenir. Ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment